Kylian Mbappe’s fantastic start to the season has seen him rise to the top of CIES’ latest list of most valuable football players. The Frenchman has grabbed the number one position amid his amazing goalscoring form in 2018/19.
The teenage sensation’s value is estimated at $246M by the football observatory after scoring 11 and assisting four goals in Ligue 1 this term after only eight games. This form has earned him a $26M increase in the month of October.
In second is Harry Kane, having been leapfrogged by Mbappe. The Englishman comes with a price tag of approximately $225M. At 25, the Tottenham star holds a slight lead over the man in third: Neymar Junior.
The Brazilian, alongside Mbappe, has begun the new campaign strongly. The Selecao sensation is valued at $224.4M, having contributed to 13 goals in 10 games in the French top-flight — he has scored nine and assisted four.
Neymar is followed by Liverpool star Mohamed Salah ($197M) and former Anfield ace Philippe Coutinho ($195M). Lionel Messi finds himself out of the top five, missing out to his Barcelona team-mate after coming in at sixth with an estimated value of $194.4M.
The Argentine’s age is one factor working against him. In fact, he is the only player above 30 in the top 10, with the next oldest after him being 27-year-old Antoine Griezmann ($180M) in 9th spot.
Samuel Umtiti retains his title as the highest valued defender at $113M while Man City’s Ederson is number one for goalkeepers with a valuation of $116.3M. Check out the top 10 in the list below.
- Kylian Mbappe (PSG and France): $246M
- Harry Kane (Tottenham and England): $225M
- Neymar (PSG and Brazil): $224.4M
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool and Egypt): $197M
- Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona and Brazil): $195M
- Lionel Messi (Barcelona and Argentina): $194.4M
- Raheem Sterling (Man City and England): $187.6M
- Romelu Lukaku (Man United and Belgium): $187.3M
- Antoine Griezmann (Atletico and France): $180M
- Paulo Dybala (Juventus and Argentina):